sábado, 14 de octubre de 2017

WHAT I HAVE DONE TO IMPROVE MY ENGLISH

WHAT I HAVE DONE TO IMPROVE MY ENGLISH

Not only in the last four weeks but for a long time I have been doing many interesting things to improve my English. Moreover, I reckon that languages have to be improved day by day and there are many fantastic ways to make it easier.

First of all, I listen to American and English music every single day. Since the moment I wake up (literally) to the moment I go to sleep I put on my favorite playlist and listen carefully to the songs´ lyrics, because I really think that it can be very helpful for our fluency.  However, this practice is not only based in reading the lyrics; we need to listen and keep an eye on the pronunciation of the words. 


Secondly and undoubtedly one of my favorite things in life is watching TV series and films in the original score. I have been doing this for a long time and I believe that it is a perfect way to invest our spare time learning and enjoying at the same time. Likewise, my father has learnt a little bit of English by watching films in the original score and it is something admirable. Concretely, the TV series that I have been watching during these four weeks are Game of Thrones, Vikings and Gossip Girl, three amazing series with different accents that enrich us not only linguistically but also culturally. 



Last but not least, I had a Canadian teacher for a very long time who is amazing. Her name is Jennifer and she is the best teacher I have ever had so when I started university we continue keeping in touch until today. We talk almost every day about how was our day, what we have planned for the weekend, our future trips etc. Furthermore we send audios to each other talking in English and I consider that it is amazing because I can practice with a native person that helps me to improve in a wonderful way. 



To sum up, these are some of the activities that I do every day in order to learn and improve my English. It seems to me that there are many beautiful and creative ways to improve a language, so it is a need for us  to explore them. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

THE LAST ENTRY - Marta Reinaldos Pérez

PERSONAL OPINION  From my personal viewpoint I reckon that the blog is a good idea to improve our writing and  fluency. However, sometimes...